Saturday, April 8, 2017

Autism is My World

by Philip

Autism is often feared
but I am not to be feared.

Many people try to cure us
but autism cannot be cured.

Autism is seeing so many details I have to look away
but it is seeing beauty in the smallest of details.

Autism is hearing everything loudly all at once
but it is listening to others well.

Autism is a body out of control sometimes
but it is feeling my world with all my senses fully aroused.

Autism is sometimes a burden
but I can love freely and feel loved.

Autism means many things are difficult for me
but being autistic is all I know.

Autism is my life
and my life is really worth living.

Copyright 2017 Philip Reyes.  All rights reserved.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for helping me understand better. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Philip. I'm​ a mom of a 4 yr old non verbal autistic boy. I am a big fan of you and your mom! Your words have changed our family's view of what it means to have autism and for that I am deeply grateful. My husband works for Boeing in Seattle which is a global company that prides itself in diversity and diversity awareness. My husband has been asked to be a speaker on Autism awareness. He/we are planning on giving a presentation based on what you, your guest bloggers, and other non verbal autistics have been advocating - what you see on the outside does not represent want is on the inside. If there is anything you would like to say, he would be honored to send a message to his colleagues on your behalf, if you wish. He is presenting on Wednesday April 26. I know that is short notice so no worries if not. I look forward to your future posts!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your world with us. As a mom of a young son with autism I love to hear how he feels and sees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♡♡♡♡♡♡ Beatiful@

    ReplyDelete