Sunday, September 3, 2023

My Lola

Lola is my grandmother. She means a lot to me. I am most loved and cared for because she helps our family so much. When I lived in Miami as a little boy I was first diagnosed with autism. My Lola retired from her job in Buffalo to help us. She lived with us so mom could balance the needs of my three siblings and me as my dad was very busy training to be an ENT doctor. 


Lola supports me in my interests. She has come to my autism conferences and loves to share my blog. She makes books interesting by reading to me with lots of expression. She talks to me about news and anything. I like how she talks to me knowing I have so much interest even though I might not seem interested by my lack of joining in. When mom helps me with the letterboard, she is patient in asking me questions and waiting for me to answer. 



Lola makes my life wonderful in many ways. She includes me in everything. She takes our whole family on a yearly trip. We have gone to Mexico, Dominican Republic, Outer Banks, Jamaica, and the Philippines. I love seeing new places and sharing good times together. 




Lola loves to sing. She has a pretty voice. I love listening to her because my mind is soothed by her beautiful voice. 

 

Lola makes time for her family. She always has us over for Sunday lunch. She makes lunch for my family and my cousins’s family. Sometimes more people come too. They might be aunts, uncles, neighbors, or friends. Lola is Lola to all who come to her house. People get together because of her hospitality. She cooks so well and feeds everyone. She knows my favorite foods and makes sure to have them for when I come over. 

 

My Lola loves me. She shows her love in many ways. Her kindness helps me have peace in my heart and be happy. I love her so much. 


Happy Birthday Lola! 







 

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet Philip. You got the best lola i. The world! Happy birthday Auntie Nieva ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Philip! We miss you all! ❤️

    ReplyDelete