Thursday, March 26, 2020

Quarantine Thoughts

It is a time of self-isolation. We need to do this for protecting others so we don’t get them sick. I am thinking about my time in quarantine. I think it has been good for me. I needed time away from normal life to get a chance to find peace. I have made rest a priority during this time. I have needed to rest for a long time. I want to be able to have energy to be able to do the important things in life. I was so exhausted all the time trying to meet demands of others and improve myself. I could not rest so I broke down. I was on edge all the time and I would get set off by any stress. Soon I was even being angry and aggressive without provocation. I needed to get out of the train that was headed to nowhere good. I am freeing myself to slow down without feeling guilty. Quarantining will save many lives from Covid-19. It may also give some people a much needed break from a too-busy and stress-filled world.
My 17th birthday in quarantine

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I am glad to see that you are becoming more aware of yourself and where you are at physically and emotionally. It is a lesson for all of us. It is sad that it takes an epidemic to get people to stop. As Christians we should be taking inventory each day of how we are serving God each day. Wearing ourselves out, trying to meet the demands and expectations of others is not how God intends for us to live our lives. Thank you Phillip for your honesty and openness. You are truly loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Philip,

    I've been reading your blog and it is so inspiring! I have something to share that I'm hoping will brighten your day :)

    I work at an autism center in Austin, Texas, and our team spent some time making a list to recognize the best autism blogs out there. We appreciate all of your efforts to educate, inspire, and connect with others in the autism community.

    Faith, Hope, and Love... with Autism was selected for the Top 25 autism Blogs of 2020!

    The final selections can be seen under the resources tab on our website, www.actionbehavior.com

    Feel free to share the distinguishment on your blog. Also, if you'd like to post the winners' badge, feel free to contact me via email and I can send you the code. You've earned it!


    Thank you for sharing your stories of travels, school, and your day to day life with the autism community. Oh, and happy belated birthday :-)

    Best,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete