Friday, October 11, 2013

RPM- Autism Workshop-Part 1

It has been an emotional, surprising, exhausting, attitude-changing, awe-inspiring, and ultimately joyous past 3 days.  So much has happened, it feels like it was much longer.  I will write more about the workshop in the coming days, but today belongs to Philip.  I will post his writings here.  They need no explanation.

STORY 1- written 10/10/13 (day 2 of workshop)

I am in a rocket ship.  I am going to the moon.  I am going there to find energy rocks.  Energy rocks can run cars, can make electricity, and can make food last for ten years.  The energy rocks were discovered by me.  I discovered them by observing the moon.  I also discovered hidden water in the moon. 


STORY 2- written 10/11/13 (day 3- morning session)

Long ago a boy invented a car that did not need any gasoline.  It went to the moon in one hour.  It took him to Europe in five minutes.  No one wanted to drive other cars.  It was his car they wanted.  He invented floating homes.  His floating homes were so good that no one wanted to buy property. 


CONVERSATION WITH SOMA- 10/11/13 (day 3- afternoon session)

SOMA:  Would you like to talk about life science or physical science?
PHILIP:  WHAT IS STEM CELL?
Soma was not prepared to talk about stem cells, but she did her best to explain what she knew about its biology and also how some people travel to places like Panama to get stem cells because it is not available in the United States.  Philip answered some factual questions about the stem cell lesson.  Then he asked,
PHILIP:  IS IT SOMETHING DAD CAN DO?
SAM (Philip's Dad): No I can't do that.
Soma agrees saying it is illegal here and you'd have to go to Panama.
PHILIP:  SO IT IS NOT A CURE?
SOMA:  No, but there's still a lot of research to be done (* I'll have to go back to my video to get the exact wording of Soma's response but it was something to that effect)


THANKSGIVING LETTER TO FAMILY- 10/11/13 (day 3- afternoon)

Dear Family,
I may run around but I am listening.
I may get tired of sitting but I am going to be back.
I wish to thank you for understanding me.



2 comments: