Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Paving The Way For Inclusion

By Philip

I am friends with my classmate Maliko. She is really nice. Paving the way for inclusion are we.  I am pleased to get her note and answer her question.

To Philip,
I just wanted to say that you do great at school and that I don’t think you any different than the rest of us.  My question is what is your favorite thing to do?
From,
Maliko

To Maliko,
Thank you for accepting me as your equal. My favorite thing to do is make people understand autism. The way I mostly educate others is through writing my blog. I am thankful for the opportunity to come to Heim and learn. I like to very much make friends. I also like to teach. Thank you for your question. I am meaning to be an advocate for other nonverbal autistic kids. I live to pave the way for other kids like me to meet academic goals in public school. Paving the way for equal access to education for all kids despite their disability is my quest. Government action becomes necessary if widespread reform is to happen. My goal is to help government see the benefit of inclusion for everyone. I hope you will see the purpose of inclusion is to make a more diverse and compassionate world. 
Thank you.
Philip


2 comments:

  1. Maliko sounds like a nice person. You will open doors for many people (some literal and some figurative).

    ReplyDelete